TruVoice Feedback Plus for Salesforce v1.3
The following installation instructions apply to the TruVoice Feedback Pus application for Salesforce API version 58.0.
Review the technical details for this application here: Technical FAQ, Custom Object Details and Data Dictionary
This installation guide will show you how to:
- Install the TruVoice Feedback Plus managed package into your Salesforce sandbox or production instance
- Create a Salesforce connected app to enable TruVoice to integrate with Salesforce
- Update the application settings with connected app Consumer Key and Secret and TruVoice API key and Client ID
- Perform the initial sync of your previously captured buyer feedback insights in TruVoice with Salesforce
- Enable the real-time connection between TruVoice and Salesforce to automatically push new buyer feedback insights into Salesforce as they are captured in TruVoice
Install Managed Package
Select the appropriate installation link below based on the Salesforce environment you will be installing the managed package into:
- Of the three installation options you will be presented with when installing the managed package we recommend the “Install for All Users” as this means all users will get the needed “Access” permissions to access the buyer feedback insights
- If you choose to use the one of the other options, then you will potentially need to use the included permission sets to give users access to the buyer feedback insights:
- Tvfp-Access = the permission set for users that need access to the buyer feedback insights
- Tvfp-Sync = the permission set for the integration user (used in the Connected App step)
- NOTE: the integration user will need both the “Access” and the “Sync” permission sets
- Click the “Install” button to begin the installation
- Select the checkbox to give the application permission to call TruVoice APIs and submit the buyer feedback insights to Salesforce
- Click the “Continue” button
Set Up Salesforce Integration User for Connected App
Set up or identify an integration user for the application and apply both of the included permission sets to the user:
- Tvfp-Access = the permission set that enables access to the buyer feedback insights
- Tvfp-Sync = the permission set that enables the integration user to act as the execution user for the connected app
Create a Salesforce Connected App
The steps to create a connected app for the TruVoice Feedback Plus application and enable the connection between TruVoice and Salesforce can be found here: Create a Connected App
Once you have completed creating and setting up the connected app, you should have the connected app’s Consumer Key and Consumer Secret ready to be used in the TruVoice Feedback Plus settings (see below).
Return to this point after you have created your connected app, to continue configuring the settings for the TruVoice Feedback Plus application.
Get Your TruVoice API Key and Client ID & Enable Salesforce Integration
- Get your TruVoice API Key and Client ID from your Corporate Visions customer success representative.
- Your TruVoice API Key and Client ID can be found in TruVoice in the Client Settings view.
- Navigate to the “Salesforce” tab in Client Settings
- Turn the “TruVoice Feedback Plus Integration” option on
When this option is enabled, TruVoice will push buyer feedback insights to Salesforce as buyers share their feedback in real time.
Configure TruVoice Feedback Plus Application Settings
- In Salesforce, click on the navigation option and enter “feedback” to find the TruVoice Feedback Plus Settings option
- Click the “TruVoice Feedback Plus Settings” option to navigate to the settings view
Account Feedback View
The “Account Feedback View” setting allows you to enable the “Feedback” tab in the Account view for users.
The “Feedback” tab displays buyer feedback insights for any contacts that belong to the account and have provided feedback on a purchase decision, or feedback on their customer experience.
Feedback Sync Settings - TruVoice API Key, Client ID and Endpoint
In the first step of the “Feedback Sync” settings enter the following TruVoice-related information:
- Add your TruVoice API Key and TruVoice Client ID
- Select the appropriate TruVoice Endpoint (in most cases this will be TruVoice Production)
- Click the “Next” button
Feedback Sync Settings - TruVoice Program Selection
In the second step of the Feedback Sync setting, “TruVoice Programs”, select the TruVoice Program(s) that will sync their buyer feedback insights with Salesforce.
Unless you have specifically set up more than one program in TruVoice, you will only see one option to enable in this control.
Click the “Next” button.
Feedback Sync Settings - Connected App Consumer Key & Secret
You will need your connected app’s consumer key and secret for this step. See the following instructions for getting this connected app information: Create Connected App Instructions
- Paste your connected app’s Consumer Key and Secret into their respective controls
- Click the “Next” button to move to the next step
Feedback Sync Settings - Picklist Field Values
In this step, you will update the picklist field value options for all picklist fields on the custom objects the TruVoice Feedback Plus application creates in Salesforce to store your buyer feedback insights.
This step identifies all of the picklist fields and their current value options in TruVoice and updates those same picklist fields in Salesforce to ensure that the picklist options match between TruVoice and Salesforce.
For example, the “Buyer Roles” TruVoice field is one that can be customized in TruVoice to use custom values for the Buyer’s role in the decision. This step ensures that the picklist options match and make sure TruVoice can successfully send the buyer feedback insights, and all of their related properties, to Salesforce correctly.
- Click the “Update Picklists” button to sync all picklist options between TruVoice and Salesforce
- Click the “Next” button to move to the last step
Feedback Sync Settings - Sync Buyer Feedback Insights
In this step, you will sync all past buyer feedback insights captured in TruVoice with the custom objects created in Salesforce by the TruVoice Feedback Plus applications allowing you to leverage this data in Salesforce reports and dashboards.
- Click the “Start Feedback Sync” button to initiate the data synchronization process between TruVoice and Salesforce
The data sync process is a background process that will usually be completed within a couple of minutes.
You can confirm your buyer feedback data has been synced with Salesforce by navigating to the “Feedback” object in Salesforce (this is one of the custom objects that the TruVoice Feedback Plus application creates in your Salesforce instance when it is installed).
Display Conditions & Feedback Types
Display Conditions: If you have enabled the “Feedback” tab for your organization, this setting allows you to control which users can view the feedback:
- If set to disabled, all users will be able to see buyer feedback insights in the “Feedback” tab on the Account view
- If set to enabled, only enabled TruVoice users will be able to see the feedback insights in the “Feedback” tab on the Account view
Feedback Types: Select which types of feedback you want to include:
- Decision Feedback = purchase decision feedback captured in win loss analysis programs
- Experience Feedback = customer experience feedback captured in customer experience programs
- Market Research Feedback = ad-hoc market research feedback
You have completed the installation steps. See the screenshots below for what to expect in Salesforce with the TruVoice Feedback Plus application installed and your initial sync completed.
Navigate to the Custom Feedback Object
Once the data synchronization process has been completed you can view your feedback records by navigating to the Feedback object:
- In the Salesforce search control, enter “feedback” to find the main Feedback object
- Select the “Feedback” option to navigate to your Feedback object
View Your Feedback Records
Once you have navigated to the Feedback object, make sure you are viewing “All” records to see all buyer feedback records that have been synced with Salesforce.
Each feedback record will have the name of the account plus the name of the contact that provided feedback and will be displayed as: “[account name] – [contact name]“
Selecting an individual feedback record will allow you to view the details for that feedback record (see screenshot below).
View a Feedback Record Details
View Records Related to Main Feedback Record
The “Related” view, shows the records related to the feedback record, including the following:
- Feedback insights
- Sales reps
- Selected vendors
Each of the above records has additional feedback details that can be viewed by clicking on the individual record.